For a social skills lesson on friendships, we read the story in book format, and then reviewed it again with an interactive software program using the SMARTboard. It was neat to see the students' reactions to going over the same ideas using different modalities. Although, the students did respond to the story and discussion during the story book, they took it to another level of engagement and further demonstration of understanding the second time around using the interactive software. We just took pictures of the student's faces, and they will be making puppets of themselves, where they will be then acting out the various scenarios with each other. I think what makes it exciting for the students is the engagement that the different modalities have to offer.
I want to continue to work on creating more opportunities incorporating technology. I have been using a lot of picture symbols and visual schedules/cues with the students, but I want to create a more interactive format. I'm hoping to utilize this function with the software program via the SMARTboard and updated software.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That sounds really neat. It would be great for your students to be able to show their classmates what they created. That way we can kind of use the push in model so students are included. Plus I think your students that are in my room would feel pretty neat if they could share to the rest of the room what they are learning.
ReplyDelete