5.4.09

Video Clip

Knowing you are one of many teachers a student like this will have in their educational career: How connected are you? Are you a 21st Century learner, teacher or both? What role do you play in supporting the 21st Century student?



Technology is clearly changing the educational system and connecting learners in a way that many would have never imagined. Not that long ago we had penpals with handwritten letters (or remember typewriters?) sent via snail mail to connect with others, now we update our status/blog/news feeds and reach others within seconds through various modalities.



I feel I am connected to a limited extent. I am a 21st century learner with a lot to learn and practice. I don't know if I will necessarily be a 21st century teacher. Perhaps it's because I question the concept of teacher in this ever-changing world. It seems to be taking more on the path of facilitator -- empowering, enhancing, creating, establishing connections and networks. I see myself more as part of a support system for 21st century learners where it really seems that not even the sky is the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment